Thursday, October 11, 2012

20 weeks strong

Pregnant with twins!

My diary at 20 weeks:

How big are the babies? Bananas! They are the length of a banana this week! Now THAT I understand! Big babies!

Their big changes this week: They are swallowing amniotic fluid more and more, getting their digestive system ready for when they are born. And, something interesting I read is that studies have shown that a kiddo is more apt to eat the things they are exposed to in the womb ... meaning, if I'm eating lots of fruits and vegetables, they will be likely to like them as well! Which also means, I had better stop eating Mambas. Ding dang.

Cravings this week? Cold apple cider. I know, weird, right? I had some a few weeks ago at an apple orchard, and then one night a few days ago  I woke up at 2am DYING for cold apple cider! It was seriously a "I need this now or I'm going to go crazy" type of thing. Much like the seafood sub episode. Sadly, I didn't have any in the house so I got up and drank a glass of milk. When I got to work at 6am I was still jonesing for it, so I messaged Lips asking if he'd bring me some to work. Problemo solved. It is now my go to drink of choice! So random!

New symptoms/blessings?
  • Things are pretty mellow for me now, not much new to update on!
  • General excitement is growing!
  • It's becoming more work to breathe, I think it's because everything is so tight and squished? I feel like I'm in an overly tight bridesmaid dress 27/7. With Spanks underneath. Double whammy.
  • We had our 20 week scan/ultrasound. Everything checked out perfectly, their little hearts, to their kidneys, to their pinkies. They are measuring right on track, are 11 ounces each, and are head down right now. One even gave us a "thumbs up"! So beautiful! Praise the Lord for healthy babies!

Weight: 166

Total gain? Hit the ten pound mark!

Showing? There's a noticeable bump for sure, tho still smaller than average I'd say. Even the ultrasound tech said I was small, but not worriesome small, so that's good to know!

Inches? 40

Maternity clothes? No change on this front. I will say, however, that my cardigans are getting a little snug!

Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy, Boy/Girl thoughts? Mmmmm, well, we found out this week! And yes, I know nothing is ever 100%, but it's so great to have an idea for now! Luckily we will be having an ultrasound every four weeks, so I just might just ask them to check each time, haha! Be looking soon for a post!

New dance moves? I can feel them more and more, and I love it! Today, one kicked me in the ribs. It was the best!

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops, Bebes, Beans.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment