Thursday, October 4, 2012

19 weeks strong

Pregnant with twins!

My diary at 19 weeks (I missed last week):

How big are the babies? The size of a large tomato. Or, one site says a mango. Ok, I think they have their veggies messed up? Seems smaller, yet again! They are supposed to be 6 inches in length now! Maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole thing? Is it the weight of a tomato or the actual size? Goodness, I have no idea.

Their big changes this week: Last week they were starting to flex their muscles. Pumping iron! This week, their hair is budding! Can't wait to put a bow in it! Or, give it a mohawk! :)

Cravings this week? I'm kind of boring with my food lately. But, I did want hot fudge the other night. And then, an apple dessert pizza from Pizza Hut. I had neither though. Then, I was looking at some recipes and came across Banoffee Pie. Ever heard of it? That sealed the deal. I had to have it. So, I made it yesterday. YUMMO. It's an English pie with a graham cracker crust, bananas, toffee (You cook sweetened condensed milk for two hours in the oven. Who knew??!!), and freshly whipped whip cream. Yes. You know you want some now!

New symptoms/blessings?
  • Everything is still pretty consistent.
  • Cheeks, tongue, and gum sensitivity.
  • It doesn't feel good to bend over. Things are getting a little scrunched in there I think!
  • We get to find out SOON if we're having cowboys, cowgirls, or one of each! Pretty pumped for that!
  • I had a bunch of the ladies at the grocery store today tell me congrats, so the word is definately out! Once the grocery store workers know, EVERYBODY knows! :)

Weight: 164

Total gain? Eight pounds. Last time I was to the Dr. he asked if I was eating enough calories. I don't know if that was his way of saying I hadn't gained enough or what? He said I need 500-600 more than usual. Seems almost impossible to me, since I can't eat very much at one time, and the stuff I like isn't ridiculous in the calorie department. So, I'm trying to be a bit more proactive. See the bit about "Banoffee Pie" above. No shortage of calories in that bad boy!

Showing? Yes. Still not a bump bump (I get a lot of "you're not very big yet!" comments), but getting obvious something's going on in there! Had a cantankerous. old man (who had just been informed I was expecting before he saw me) say to me, "I see you've gone off your diet." Let's just say I was not amused with his humor. I told him he was rude and walked away. He pushes my buttons, obviously.

Inches? 39 (right below my belly button). I don't know where I started, however. I was wearing size 30 waists before. But, if I measure the circumfrence of those pants, they are 37 around. I don't get clothing measurements. Do you?

Maternity clothes? Still the same, able to fit most of my clothes. Though, I live in stretchy yoga pants it seems.

Pregnancy brain joys? I think I might be getting sillier? I laugh hysterically at the silliest things. I kind of like it!

Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy, Boy/Girl thoughts? My Grandma Rose told me the other day she thinks "the littler one is a girl, and the bigger one is a boy." I honestly have no idea where she's getting this littler/bigger one idea from, since you can't really tell the size on an ultrasound picture because their pictures are always individual, so you can't really compare them. She cracks me up! We shall see soon though, if she's right!

Feeling movements? Yes, and it's the best thing ever! I was worried because I had only been feeling little patters on my left side, but at my last appointment my Dr. did an ultrasound and one bean is hanging out smack dab on my left side and the other is way lower, tucked inside. That's why I haven't felt that one as much. But, this week I have felt more movements down low, so I'm happy with that!

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops and Beans.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment