Thursday, September 20, 2012

17 weeks strong

Pregnant with twins!

My diary at 17 weeks:

How big are the babies? The size of onions! I feel like the last few vegetables/fruits have been relatively the same size, but to give you a better idea, they are around 5 inches long ... beauties!

Their big changes this week: Their bones are hardening and they are starting to build up fat under their transparent skin. Hopefully not as much fat as that sumo wrestler baby I had the dream about tho! :)

Cravings this week? Nothing really new or interesting this week. I did cave on that seafood sub however, just warmed up the seafood salad to steaming. Yeah, warm imitation crab meat, warm mayo ... meh. Not what I was hoping for. I think that craving is cured for a LONG while!

Things my nose dislikes currently: Funny thing. I've had some orders for cake pops the end of last week and again today, and I've discovered the candy coating is not my favorite smell. So sweet smelling!

New symptoms/blessings?
  • I'm noticing trigger foods for heartburn, so I've been staying away from them. Chocolate is one. Ah, sad day.
  • Sleepless nights. 3am is my favorite hour to wake up wide awake to.
  • I feel like I breathe really heavily. I don't know if that makes any sense. I'm just very conscious now that I'm breathing, when I never really thought about it before.
  • My sis-in-law told me today I was nearly halfway through the pregnancy, if we count me as having them at 36 weeks, which is fairly common with twins. SO CRAZY!
  • I think it's all starting to sink in a bit with me. I'm finding myself talking to the little beans and just being excited in general. :)

Weight: 162. Whoa. A four pound jump from last week? My scale has got to be off :s

Total gain? Six pounds!?

Showing? Maybe? I get mixed reviews.

Maternity clothes? Still able to get into my regular clothes, with the help of a Bellaband.

Pregnancy brain joys? Just forgetful in general. At work, "Did I open that container and just leave it there?", "Did I put that bacon in the microwave?", "Did I set my timer?" ... usually, I'm NOT the one doing the things I ask if I did, but the fact that I can't even remember if I did is pretty silly!

Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy, Boy/Girl thoughts? People are guessing girls for some reason. It would be my guess too, if I were to throw one out there, simply because the family we adopted from has all sweet little girls. I'm excited to find out though!

Feeling movements? FOR SURE! It's pretty amazing! I'm pretty sure one is break dancer, moving around alot! I'll have to buy him some MC Hammer type pants. Wait, was he a break dancer? No, no. Nevermind.

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops and this week, the Beans.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? Stinking awesome :)

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment