Wednesday, August 8, 2012

kryptonite

I have always thought it would be cool to be a superhero. Especially one that could fly. Superman has therefore, always been one of my favorites. And oh, the Dean Cain portrayal of Superman? HELLO! LOVE THAT GUY. Whoops, getting sidetracked.

While I could never dream to be as cool as Superman, I can't fly, and look horrid in tights, I do have one thing in common with him. A weakness when it comes to Kryptonite. Mine however isn't the green, glowing kind. It's the yellowish kind.

Pee.

Urine.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

One day, I used the restroom at work shortly after an elderly gentleman had. I walked in to the toilet seat up, foamy, yellow pee in the toilet, and pee all over the floor. As an employee, it's my job to clean that up, of course. I didn't know yet though, that pee was my Kryptonite.

I bent down, paper towels in hand, to wipe it up. No big deal, right? Wrong. Let the uncontrollable gagging begin! It took all my strength to clean that little mess up.

A few days later, as I was leaving my home with some friends, the dog decided to pee on the kitchen floor. It was a lake of pee, I kid you not. (Disgusting, I know. Thankfully, this is not a normal occurrence. I don't know what her deal was! PS, I really dislike this dog.)

I wanted to get it cleaned up before my friends saw it, so I told them I'd be along in a few minutes. I grabbed the roll of paper towels, bent down, and yep. Gag city. This time it was really bad, ten times worse than the last time. I tried to wipe it up, but would have to walk away after not even ten seconds to catch my breath and calm my tummy down. At one point I was trying to decided where to throw up, in the trash with the pee paper towels, or in my kitchen sink. I ran outside instead, but managed to not throw up. Back to the clean up. Nope, not happening. After about eight minutes of this back and forth behavior from me, my friends came back in to find a mess of paper towels on the floor and me standing by the sink breathing heavily and on the brink of tears.

It's amazing how humbling it is to see your friends clean up YOUR dog's mess.

I must say, that I have been EXTREMELY blessed in this beautiful pregnancy to not have moring sickness yet. I haven't thrown up once. I've been close though, as you read, thanks to my so called "Kryptonite." But I say, bring it on, Kryptonite! Is that all you've got?

No comments:

Post a Comment