Monday, March 5, 2012

tear goggles

Tear goggles. Use with caution while driving.

I am an emotional mess. I cry, not just tear up, but ridiculous cry, for the silliest reasons. Mozzarella cheese. A radio commercial. Not being able to find Lips in Menards. I am not normally a cryer either, so this is such a bizarre thing for me! But, the stories make me laugh later, so I share them! Here's what happened on Friday.

I was driving in Rochester, after my appointment and visiting my sweet Grandma Rose (a blog post, or twenty, all in itself!), when I saw this: A little old lady, walking with a walker on a high traffic road. She had just come from Wal-Mart and had 5 or 6 plastic sacks hanging from her walker as she tried to navigate slowly across the intersection. I was a block away from her at a stop sign when I saw her. My heart went out to her and I knew I had to help her!

That's when I saw it. Another angel! She stopped at the light, popped her trunk and jumped out to help the little old lady get her stuff, walker, and self in the car!

I burst into tears and said "thank you!" as I drove by. I should have rolled down the window so she could have heard me, amidst my sobs. (Or, maybe not.) I continued to drive down the highway, trying to compose myself. It's hard to drive while crying. Tears and mascara burn the eyes!

Finally, I gathered myself and smiled. Thankful for that angel. Thankful as well that she picked her up instead of me, because I think that little old lady would have been slightly terrified if I would have started crying on her. Oh goodness.

Then, I called Lips to tell him the story. And I started sobbing, AGAIN. Good grief.

That story is now banned from being told while I'm driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment