Thursday, March 1, 2012

bubsy lips

My guy, he is worth{lots}, and I'm so thankful for him!

Today was a trying day for me. I lost my favorite pen. No, no, don't think I'm crazy, yet. Pens are fickle things, and when you find one you LOVE, you hold on to it with a death grip. Lesson learned, my death grip needs work.

Now, let me tell you, this wasn't an ordinary pen. It was a Sharpie pen. Yes, a Sharpie pen. Thank you to my dear friend, Krista, for turning me on to those smooth babies. It's everything you love about a fine tip Sharpie, PLUS, they don't bleed through the paper! (and the crowd goes wild!) Not only was this a Sharpie pen, it was a PURPLE Sharpie pen, my favorite. It usually doesn't go a day away from my Bible. Purple underlining all over in that book these days. AND, not only was it a PURPLE SHARPIE pen, it was a SPENDY, PURPLE SHARPIE pen. The only way you can get a purple Sharpie pen is to buy the multi-pack. I think it was $8? Yes, $8 for a pack of pens, and the rest of the colors I only feel so-so about.

So, somewhere, during the time frame of breakfast and lunch, between the car, the parking lot, Panera, the parking lot again, my car again, AND the parking lot again, and, oh my, Panera AGAIN, she disappeared. Cue my saddness. (And yes, I ate at Panera twice in the same day.)

Enter my hubby.

I will go back to Panera and look to see if it's where we were sitting, k?

Oh, thank you! Maybe they have a lost and found even?

I'll look.


A few minutes go by, and he comes out.

No pen.

Oh. (total saddness) Did they have a lost and found?

Yes, they did. It wasn't there. I'm sorry baby.

It's ok. (I feel like Eeyore for some reason at this point. No hope for anything.)


We then start to head for home. About fifteen minutes down the road, I'm still in a deep 'I hate the world' depression about this whole purple Sharpie pen business, when it hits me. Cue my uncontrollable, silly, giggly, laugher.

Soooooo, you checked in the lost and found, right?

Yes, baby, I told you that. It wasn't there.

I know, I know. But, what exactly did you say?

I said, 'Excuse me, do you have a lost and found?'

Yes, we do! (the man starts to pull a little box out from behind the counter.)

Oh good. You see, I lost a pen in here this morning.

(The man looks up, perplexed.) A pen?

Yes, a pen.

Um ... (glances in box) ... nope. No pen.

Ok, thanks.


I was literally crying my eyes out in laughter over this whole thing. The man must have thought he was nuts! Who goes looking for a pen in a lost and found? I'm crying again just writing it!

Oh, that guy of mine. What silly thing won't he do for me? So thankful for him, and the way he humors me. Love you, Bubsy, and maybe you're right. Maybe God just wants me to use a different color!

No comments:

Post a Comment