Monday, January 23, 2012

socks

A Silly Me post.

Not too far from here, is the birthplace of the sock monkey. You know the one. Brown with the red lips? Irresistible.

Well, I have a bag of those special socks, and tonight I made the little one their very own sock BUNNY. I don't know that I have the skill to make the monkey, at least not yet, but I sure do have the skill for a bunny! So, bunny it is!

I started making these little bunnies a year ago. My dear friend and I made a bunch and donated them to a children's hospital. I need to keep that up.

I tried my best tonight. Used my favorite sock, gave him extra floppy ears, and a little felt heart right smack on the front of his little body. I thought he'd be so stinking cute! And then, I finished. And, well, I'm not sure if he's a CUTIE, or slightly CREEPY! Oh my.

Either way, he's special. From my heart and hands,
waiting for yours, little one.

1 comment: