Tuesday, January 24, 2012

mouth curve

How does something as simple, as natrual as a smile, bring so much joy? Peace? Comfort? Warmth? And, sometimes even, tears?

A smile on a child. A smile on a mother. A smile on a friend. A smile on the dear elderly man who is thinking of his love who is no longer with him. They all have their own reasons for the smile that's happening on their lips. Some may be obvious, some not. But for any reason, I am thankful for it, the simple smile.

We've seen all the smiles in your family now. Such sweet joy. And, I can't help but look, and smile in return. They don't see my mouth curve in joy back at them, but I hope they feel it, somehow. I hope and pray they know and feel that you will be ok.

Lord, give them reason upon reason to smile. To know they are giving life to this little one. To know they are giving such a gift, to us. And someday, may we see the smiles on each other, face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment