Monday, February 11, 2013

four {cheese} alarm night

Via Wikipedia:

One-alarm, two-alarm, three-alarm fires, or higher, are categories of fires indicating the level of response by local authorities, with an elevated number of alarms indicating increased commitment of resources.

I've decided to rate my sometimes rather sleep lacking nights in a similar way that firemen rate a fire from now on. The more elevated number of alarms = an increased commitment of resources ... meaning, cheese. String cheese. At least in my case.

I have much to be thankful for, with such a relatively smooth pregnancy, but one of my little struggles again lately is sleeping. Or, not sleeping. Most nights, I sleep pretty great! Granted, I'm up numerous times to use the bathroom, but that is totally normal, and I almost always fall right back to sleep.

BUT, some nights, sleep just does not come back so easily and I'm up for an hour, two hours, three hours ... well, you get the idea. Most of the time I think part of the issue is either a) my hands throbbing from carpal tunnel, b) the burning, snake bite sensation I have on the right side of my upper belly, or c) my tummy is hungry. I have thankfully learned that point "c" can easily be resolved with a piece of string cheese.

On a sleepless night, when my tummy is to blame, you can find me walking around my house eating string cheese. Laugh all you want, I know the image is ridiculous! Me, wandering the halls, bare belly (two heaters, remember!), looking out the windows, all hours of the night, eating cheese. Yeah, it's funny.

Usually, one piece will do the trick, and I'm soundly sleeping again soon after. There have been a few nights where two pieces were needed. And then, the other night, one didn't do the trick. Two didn't do. Three didn't even work. That's right, I had FOUR pieces of string cheese over a few hour period of the night before I was able to fall asleep again. What a doozy of a night! That's what I'm calling a Four {Cheese} Alarm night.

I have a feeling my girlies will be slightly addicted to string cheese when they are born.

No comments:

Post a Comment