Tuesday, January 15, 2013

things people say

I've been writing about the things people say to me re: pregnancy in my weekly updates for quite a few weeks. This is one, however, that needs a bit more room for my thoughts though, so it gets its own post.

Oh! You're due in February! Have them on (fill in a date here) ... it's my birthday!

This one doesn't bug me really, just makes me laugh! I can't tell you how many people have said this to me, with dates ranging from the beginning of January to the middle of March! I have A LOT of goal dates to aim for I guess, haha! I usually just tell the person, "I'll try!" The good thing is that just from the sheer amount of people who have said this to me, with a wide array of dates, I'm bound to hit one of the "requested" days, making someone very happy. :)

I'd like to give my two cents though on what cool dates the girls should be born on. Here goes!

January 8th: I know, this one has already passed, but all day that day I hoped I'd go into labor. Why? It's Elvis' birthday! Wouldn't that have been great? I have a friend who shares his birthday, and supposedly she gets a card or something from him every year. I knew he wasn't dead!

January 18th: Yes, another famous person's birthday. This time though, it's the birthday of the most dashing and debonair man to ever wear a suit and speak with a British accent to grace the big screen. You guessed it, Archibald Alexander Leach! You might know him though by his more pedestrian name, CARY GRANT. Love. This. Man. There's been a slight obsession with him for a good part of my life, and I may or may not have seen over 30 of his 72 movies. And by "may or may not have", I mean I totally have. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the girls decide to make their move THIS FRIDAY! :)

January 28th: This is my half birthday and my BF's birthday. Doesn't get much better than that combo! What's that? Who celebrates half birthdays, you ask? This girl does!

February 2nd: Groundhog Day. Come on. Awesome.

February 14th: Love Day. Love that day! But, I have heard that people who share their birthday with Valentine's Day dislike it, so maybe that's not nice to wish for that day for the girls. Tho, it would be perfect, because these girlies are going to be loved beyond control!

February 28th: Their due date. That would just be perfectly sweet :)

And, if for some odd reason the girls decide to stay in their cozy home LONGER than their allotted 40 weeks (not likely!) ...

March 14: Pi Day! Or, as I like to say, PIE DAY!

March 17th: If I'm holding out til the middle of March, might as well go for St. Patrick's Day. That would make my sweet, very Irish Grandma Rose mega happy. :)

Of course, those dates are me just being silly! I will take those girls any day they decide to arrive! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment