Thursday, January 10, 2013

33 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 33 weeks:

How big are the babies? Welp, they WEIGH as much as a pineapple this week (instead of being the size of one two weeks ago) on one site, and on the other they are the size of some kind of fruit I've never heard of, a durian fruit. Alrighty then. I think I should have found a site that compares their size to daily household objects ... like "this week your baby is the size of a roll of toilet paper" ... I totally comprehend that one!

Their big changes this week: Their wrinkly skin is smoothing out and their bones are hardening a bit more. I can't wait to see these beautiful girls!!

New news/blessings?
  • I am 33 weeks along! This is so mind boggling to me! 33 beautiful weeks with these beautiful girls! CANNOT. WAIT!
  • The Gestational Diabetes is going well ... still struggling a bit with that morning number though. I have a Dr appt tomorrow and will chat with him about it.
  • I made it a full 6 weeks without sitting on the couch and have now been OCCASIONALLY sitting on the couch. My bum was killing me, Smalls! I'm pretty confident ... well, fairly confident ... ok, slightly hopeful that at 33 weeks they won't be flipping on me. Fingers crossed!
  • I have to giggle when I think of my hospital bag all packed and ready to go. I feel like a fugitive ready to flee the country at the drop of a hat!
  • I've changed my mind and now believe the girls like my singing. Or, just singing in general at least. I went to see Les Mis last week and they hardly sat still the entire, nearly 3 hour movie, which is almost all singing! It was great! (The movie and the moving!)
  • Sleeping has been an issue this past week. My belly feels like it is going to fall off, haha. So, I sleep with 2 throw pillows, 5 regular pillows and 1 body pillow, all strategically placed/stacked/tucked around me. Ah, I must be a silly sight!
  • I believe, deep, deep down, that I am a Hobbit. No, no, I'm not super short, and I don't have hairy feet (I don't think anyway!), BUT, I do enjoy seven meals a day! I eat breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner and supper. I kid you not. I eat a meal, and then begins the countdown until I test my blood sugar so I can eat again! And it can never come too soon! :)
  • I spill food on my belly non-stop. I have never been a "spilly" kind of person, but it seems now that I have this beautiful bump, it attracts food like a garbage disposal! I spill, wipe it up, and then spill in the exact same spot again. I need a big ol' bib I guess!
Weight: 187 (last week was 183)

Total gain? 31 pounds.

Inches around? 45.5 (Last week was 46)

Belly button? Innie, still. Tho, it has sunk lower this past week. I can no longer look down and see it, it sits too low. And it is pretty stretched out now!

Maternity clothes? Still the same. A little of each.

Braxton Hicks Contractions: Since Monday, they have become more frequent and stronger. It's been a slightly stressful week.

New dance moves? My "quiet" girl (Shirley) has been pulling some funny business on me the past few nights. She's been tucked up nicely under my rib cage this whole time, but as of late, in the middle of the night, she pops her bum out from under my rib cage! She woke me up at 4 am the first time she did this with CRAZY pressure ... it was rather uncomfortable! I couldn't sit up or move! Three hours later she finally decided to jump back under my ribs. Oh my! What a crazy feeling that is when she does that! It has happened nearly every night since that first night, though I am adjusting to it and able to fall back to sleep some of the times. What a little stinker! I so wonder what their little personalities will be like! We have Miss Lavern, who never stops moving, and Miss Shirley, who doesn't move a whole lot, but when she does, LOOK OUT! What an adventure being their Mommy will be! Can't wait!

Things people say: "Are you sure you're having twins?" (this is in regards to my "smallish" size) ... I think I should start saying, "Gotcha! You're right, I'm not!" Haha :)

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Still the same, Lavern and Shirley, Bebes, Fruit Loops. And ... I will tell you their middle names today!

Lavern's middle name is Rose, after my sweet Grandma Rose.

Shirley's middle name is Mae. This name is a) a great fit with her first name, and b) the middle name of the daughter of the first couple we adopted from, tho hers is spelled May.

There you go! Middle names! Now, that's all you're getting out of me, haha :)

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment