Thursday, November 29, 2012

27 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 27 weeks:

How big are the babies? The size of a head of cauliflower. I think these comparisons are silly, haha!

Their big changes this week: They are opening and closing their eyes now! How exciting!

Cravings this week? Nadda.

New news/blessings?
  • I got word this week that I have gestational diabetes. I failed the one hour test, and then failed the three hour test. Still waiting to hear from the diabetic nurse to find out how we go about handling it. There's a bit of me feeling like I did something wrong, but honestly, I don't eat terrible! I promise you, I am not eating cupcakes all day! I can't even remember the last time I ate one of my own! I also wonder if my sluggishness and heart episodes are related to this new discovery? We shall see what the good Doc says. The risks of GD are preterm labor (which I'm already at a higher risk for since I have twins) and bigger birth weight making delievery difficult (this shouldn't be an issue though, since there are two once again). I am most concerned about preterm labor, so I hope to get this figured out soon!
  • Still no couch for me, trying to keep the girls head down. I'm doing pretty good. I have sat in a recliner a few times, out of sheer need, haha! I NEED to get off the floor! :)
  • We are currently working on a birth plan and I'm hoping for the most ideal circumstances possible! Here's to hoping!
Weight: 179 (last week was 179)

Total gain? 23 pounds.

Inches around? 44 (no change)

Belly button? Yep, she's still there.

Maternity clothes? Here and there. I did dig out a winter coat I wore years and years ago, when I was a bit heavier, because none of my current coats will zip!

New dance moves? They are busy, busy in there! No new sensations, just more drastic, if that makes sense?

Things people say: "Do twins run in your family?" My response totally depends on who is asking this question. Random store clerks get a "Nope, not really." and friends will get a deeper explanation into the beautiful world of  embryo adoption.

Silly nicknames for the bebes? I decided the girls need "real" names to fill the gap until they arrive. And by "real", I mean fake, haha! I am going to slip up soon otherwise and spill their REAL names if I don't give them fake ones (trying to keep them a surprise!). So, for now, I have Laverne on my left, and Shirley on my right. Yay!

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment