Thursday, November 22, 2012

26 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 26 weeks:

How big are the babies? The size of a head of lettuce according to one site, and the size of an eggplant according to another. They are measuring according to ultrasound roughly around 1lb 6 oz and 1lb 9 ounces. I know that is only a guess tho!

Their big changes this week: They are working on their breathing skills by continuing to inhale small amounts of amniotic fluid. Strengthen those lungs, girls! They are beginning to put on little bits of fat as well.

Cravings this week? I was beyond pumped to find caffeine free Coke (in cans) the other day. Hello, Roy Rogers.

New news/blessings?
  • THEY FLIPPED! Yes! Last week they were both breech. This week, they were both head down at my "big" ultrasound. I was so excited! My Dr. is telling me that they will soon run out of room, which is why he didn't want to get my hopes up by saying they'd flip last week, so hopefully they are out of room now! A few midwives that our instructor knows says they can still be flipping for weeks yet, and a friend who had twins says hers flipped until almost 30 weeks. I know each body is different though, so we shall see what happens. I am feeling that same thumping again yesterday and today that I felt when they were breech, so I'm thinking they may have flipped, yet again! Oh, girls. I was slowly trying to accept the fact that they were breech (meaning c-section), so if they end up that way, I will be ok with it. I'm still blessed beyond reason.
  • This is day 5 of not sitting on the couch. Keeping correct posture and not "sinking" into a couch or cushy chair is supposed to encourage the girls to stay head down. My butt is killing me with all of this floor sitting. But, it's worth it!!
  • I feel as if I'm going to explode, but I love it. It is slightly uncomfortable tho, haha!
  • I can actually see them moving my belly now. It. Is. Amazing.
  • My heart is beating irregularly more often, and I talked to my Dr. about it again last week. The girls are just fine, so right now, I need to (in his words) "take it easy" ... I already feel like a bum with how easy I am taking it, but am trying to slow down even more.
  • Pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome. Ouch. Folks, this syndrome is not fun, and I feel bad for those who struggle with it while NOT pregnant. Lord willing, mine will go away after the girls arrive. My hands are continually numb, and I wake up in the middle of the night with the worst throbbing in my arms and hands. Splints have helped a tad at night, which I'm thankful for. Right now, typing this out is pretty difficult with numb fingers tho!

Weight: 179 (last week was 178)

Total gain? 23 pounds.

Showing? This is a silly question now. I need to think of a new one! :) My Dr. did make me promise to not let anyone in Wal-Mart randomly walk up to me and touch my belly. He says, "I don't know what is wrong with people that they think they can walk up to total strangers and put their hands on their belly!" He's hilarious. I have decided to, from now on, put my hands on any person's belly in return to them putting their hands on mine. This could get awkward.

Inches around? 44

Belly button? Still a hole. It is funny how people talk about my belly button like they are commenting on the weather, or the color of my hair or something. A belly button. It's an awkward hole in the middle of your belly. Why are we talking about this? I can only chuckle!

Maternity clothes? I am fast approaching leaving my old clothes in the dust. For two simple reasons. 1) Hiking my normal pants up every 3 minutes is no longer cute. 2) Walking into the bathroom at work to see an inch and a half gap of belly where my yoga pants and work shirt fail to meet has never, and will never be flattering.

New dance moves? Last night every time I woke up due to a trip to the bathroom or throbbing arms, the girls were dancing away. That was the first night they've been active the whole night. It was great!

Things people say: I got my first "Better you than me!" comment from someone the other day. I was told that this would happen. Welp, I am thankful it's me, and that's all I'll say back to anyone who says that  to me. :)

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops, Bebes, Beans.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment