Thursday, September 13, 2012

16 weeks strong

Pregnant with twins!

My diary at 16 weeks:

How big are the babies? The size of avocados!

Their big changes this week: Yawning! How cute! Hope to see that in an ultrasound! Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to take their place. AND, the bones in their ears are forming, which means they will soon be able to pick up on my voice and other sounds. I hope they don't mind my singing in the shower!

Cravings this week? A stinking seafood salad sub from Subway. But, they say to stay away from cold lunch meats, to reduce exposure to listeria (a harmful bacteria), and imitation crab meat falls into that catergory. Yesterday, I was going crazy. It's all I could think about! I decided to try and make my own with canned crab meat (which is ok). I should have stopped as soon as I opened the can, the smell was horrid, but I didn't. Let's just say, I forced down a few bites and was finished. Gross! Meh! The thought of it still gets to me! Seafood!!! Man.

Things my nose dislikes currently: Green onions. That went into my attempt at seafood salad. And then, they went in the trash, and the trash went outside!

New symptoms/blessings?
  • Extreme exhaustion again. Baby growth spurt?
  • Not sleeping well at night again. Haha, I think I've reverted back to how I felt at 6 weeks!
  • Round ligament pain. I was warned about this one, but wow! What a feeling!

Weight: 158 (no change from last week)

Total gain? Two pounds!

Showing? I think not.

Maternity clothes? Still able to get into my regular clothes, with the help of a Bellaband.

Pregnancy brain joys? Very emotional, again! Crying at Dr. Quinn episodes, during the opening credits of Ever After just thinking about the story ... the list could go on!

Girl/Girl, Boy/Boy, Boy/Girl thoughts? I had a dream about two boys the other night. One was the size of a sumo wrestler, just in baby proportions. Huh?

Feeling movements? I'm pretty confident I am, especially at night! I still doubt myself, but I'm definately feeling something. The best way I can describe it is it being similar in feeling to the muscle twitching in my legs after a good walk or run.

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops. They're stuck with it.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? Excitedly blessed!

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

2 comments:

  1. I am beyond excited....and want to start sewing things...but am waiting to hear if I should sew boy things...or girl things. But it's hard...waiting....i'm not good at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will try and find out soon! But, nothing is ever 100% sure, they say! :)

      Delete