Monday, August 27, 2012

reactions

Kaina
So, I'm quitting Cabin.
You are?
Yes. I told Kristi if I ever got pregnant I was quitting.
Wha-Aaa-aaaaAAaa-aaaaaaaaAAAaAaaaa!!
(jumping up and down in my driveway, screaming, at 10 o'clock at night!)

Grandma Rose
(Showing her the pictures)
Do you get it?
(She looks at me.)
We're Thing 1 & Thing 2, and there's going to be a Thing 3 & Thing 4!
No.
Yessssss.
No. (She looks at me.) No.
Yes, Grandma!
No.

Becky
Have you heard any rumors about us?
Nooooo, like what?
That we're pregnant?
No.
We are!
You are? Really? So it's not a rumor!
No!
Oh my goodness! This is great!!

(An hour later, with Ron)

E, tell them your news!
Well, we're pregnant!
What? Wait a minute, Becky! How long have you known this??!!

Rachel
Have you heard? I'm going to have a baby!
Ah! E!
Actually, two!
You're lying!

L&JZ
Why are you going to quit Cabin?
Because we're going to have a baby.
Whaaaat? (pause, blank stare) Congratualtions!
Actually, we're having two!
(blank stares)
Nu-uh. You're lying.

Brad
We're going to have a baby.
Weeeeeellllll, congratulations!
Acutally, two.
Wait. You mean you're telling me there are two babies in your tummy RIGHT NOW?!?!?!

Carolyn & Amy
(in the drive thru at Cabin)
We're going to have a baby!
(Uncontrollable screaming, their car shaking back and forth!)
Actually, two!
(Stare, then uncontrollable screaming, their car shaking again!)

My Mom
(I gave her a sign that said something like, "the best thing about you being my Mom, is that my kids will get to call you Grandma" ... or something to that effect!)
Oh, that's nice. Thank you. (silence) Wait. Are you pregnant?!?!?!

Friend, Erin
I'm quitting Cabin.
You're lying.
No, I'm not. I'm going to have a baby!
(Gasp) Ah! That's great!
Actually, it's twins!
You're lying.

No comments:

Post a Comment