Thursday, May 3, 2012

little bunny foo foo

We've all heard the song at some point in our lives.

Little Bunny Foo Foo, hopping through the forest, scooping up the field mice, and boppin' 'em on the head!

Lately, I won't lie (as much as I hate to admit it), this song seems to sum me up.

Some days, (or every few minutes), I'm Little Bunny Foo Foo. I hop along, scoop up field mice, and bop them on the head. For apparently no good reason. No really, that naughty bunny is me. I go around, grumpy, angry, mad at the world, and bop people (who in no way deserve it) on the head with my bad attitude and lack of joy. Seriously. This bunny needs to get a grip.

And the other days, (or every other few minutes), I feel like those poor field mice. What did they do to deserve continual, day after day, bopping on the head from that nasty bunny? That's me though, a mouse with a headache and a 'woe is me' mentality. Things keep bopping me on the head and I don't know why. One after the other. What's next? Oh the life of a poor, innocent field mouse. (Gag)

Funny thing is though, as much as I've been living these silly characters out in my life for the past few weeks, I don't want to be like them. Foo Foo for one, well, that bunny is a jerk! Ug. I would not want that bunny around me! And the field mice, who wants to run around feeling like a victim? And who wants to hang around a mouse that feels like a victim? Moral of the song: I don't want to bop people on the head. And I certainly don't want to be bopped on the head.

Now, how do I get there?

Option A) According to the song, there's a fairy who comes and warns Foo Foo to stop bopping, who in turn doesn't listen (of course), and is then eventually turned into a Goon. Apparently, Goons are nicer than bunnies, and don't bop things on the head. Problem solved on both ends. Bad bunny gone. Good. Nice Goon here. Good. Mice are safe. Good. Pleeeeeeeease, magic fairy, get here soon!

Option B) Surrender, Press, Trust.
  • If I'd just surrender my anger, my hurts, my everything, to the Lord, He'd take it from me. He wants my surrender. He wants to see my white flag.
  • If I'd just press in to Him, instead of myself, I'd feel secure. It's hard to be bitter or scared when all you can see is His arms around you.
  • If I'd just trust Him, completely, to know His path is exactly that, HIS PATH and not mine, I could rest and not worry.
 Yep, kind of a no-brainer.

Lord, I surrender to You, I can't carry it anymore. I'm pressing in to You, hold me tight. And, I'm trusting You. Period.
                                         Signed, mean bunny Foo Foo & the pitiful mice.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see your post! Still praying for you and that you will have the strength to keep faithful to option B!!! One day at a time...

    I'm so sorry you have to go through all this pain and heartache. Even though you may have bopped some people on the head right now, don't forget how much God has used you over the years to bring joy to others. You have been His hands & feet to many people...so many! You are a shining light, my friend.

    Though the sorrow may last for the night, His JOY comes in the morning.

    ReplyDelete