Wednesday, March 21, 2012

today!

Today was the day! I still find it hard to believe now, as I sit here, that it actually has all happened. All the prep, the prayers, the waiting ... praise God, another step on this path has been taken.

This morning was spent in prayer, anticipation, and lovely messages from our friends and family. Words of encouragement, prayers, love. One special friend sent me a picture of her three little ladies, holding up their fingers in a progressive "1" "4" "3" ... ah, so special!

We arrived at the clinic, and were presented with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. Gerber Daisies. I was very surprised, and thankful, and when I read the card, I cried. They were from our beautiful donor family, we are adopting their little ones. How very special they are to me!




When we were all settled into our room, our Embryologist, Carol, came in to talk with us. Earilier in the morning, she thawed the little embryos. Two of them. And they both survived! Praise the Lord! (cue dance of joy!) She said they were very good quality, an "A" on the scale, with that being the highest quality. She gave us a picture of them, so special.





Dr. Keenan, our amazing doctor, did a quick check on me, to see about those "questionable polyps" they had thought they had seen in Rochester ... he couldn't find anything of concern, but said it may just be they are hidden at this time. He wasn't worried about them, if they were even there.

The transfer went great, I will spare the details however. Dr. Keenan said the little embryos went in well, and looked great on the ultrasound picture, which he gave to us. I never thought a little "bright spot" on an utrasound picture would make me feel so much, I don't know, tenderness?

Back in recovery, we chilled and prayed. For these little ones to hold tight! Hold fast! It is so crazy to think they are hanging out in there, in me! I hope it was a super welcoming place for them! I've been shooting lots of "pineapples", just for them :)

Now, we wait, again. Wait and pray. Pray, pray, pray! Keep praying with us?

Lord, You are great, and mighty! You part Red Seas! You CAN make these little ones hold tight! Thank You for the gift of life, for the gift of love, for Your grace, and Your continual peace showered on us. You know our hearts, may they line up with Yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment