Tuesday, March 13, 2012

can

Reading in Mark this week and came across this story. I circled one word in it a long time ago, and it was a joy to be reminded.

And a leper came to him, imploring him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean." Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him and said to him, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean. {Mark 1:40-42}

Which word did I circle? Can.

I love the simple, and strong faith of this guy. He came to Jesus, empty, seemingly worthless, with nothing but his filth, his disease, and he simply stated a fact. Not even a question. A fact.

YOU CAN make me clean.

And, He did. Immediately.

This screams many things to me, but here are the two loudest.

One; our faith, my faith, how strong is it? Do I say, "Lord, I THINK You can" or do I say, "Lord, You CAN"? Do I even come to Him, or do I try to do it myself? That leper knew he needed to come to Jesus, and he knew Jesus could heal him.

Two; we are worth{lots} to Him. I really don't think Jesus would waste His precious time if we weren't. We are. And He shows us countless examples in His Word. I am so thankful for that.

Lord, You can. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment