Monday, February 27, 2012

new digs

Sometimes I overthink things. Example:

When we go for the transfer, I wanted to wear something special. Something sweet. I know, I'm silly. But, it is a big deal to me. So, I got some new digs for the special day. Words mean a lot to me, see the pic below.



The shirt is from Show Hope, a Christian adoption group founded by Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman, that does oodles for orphans around the world. The Chapmans have a beautiful adoption story, and a heartaching story of loss as well. I challenge you to read Mary Beth's book, Choosing to See ... so good. A must read.

Anyway, the shirt. When I saw it, I knew it was "the" shirt. Show Hope. Hope for those waiting for a family. Whether it be traditional adoption or embryo adoption, we are to be showing hope to those little ones waiting.

The shoes are Tom's. And they say, "Let Love Rule" ... pretty obvious why I like those, huh? And a perk of the Tom's is that they donate a pair to a child in need when you buy a pair. Pretty neat if you ask me!

Can't wait til the big day! Neither one will be worn until then!

You are loved beyond a shadow of a doubt, Little One. If and when you come to us, you will always feel it. Lord, as you will!

(Oh, and I get to get a pedicure for the big day as well. Lips promised.)

No comments:

Post a Comment