Thursday, February 16, 2012

high cholesterol

Today, I met my folks for coffee. They took time out of their run to GNC to get Niacin, and Fleet Farm to get bird food, to chat with me for a while. It was lovely.

I love my parents. And I love the wonderful blend of bits of them that I am. For example:

From my Dad, I get my:
  • good looks
  • high cholesterol
  • love of layers, though, he has me beat
  • love of saltine crackers and milk
  • love of old movies
  • gassy reactions to certain foods (sorry, but it's the truth!)
  • the love of touch
  • intense personality
  • talent of lame joke telling, and the love of them as well
  • appreciation of order
  • love of nature
  • love for the silly
  • appreciation for coupons, though I'm terrible at using them
  • constant need of having music on in the background
  • obsession of coffee
  • desire to run after the Lord

From my Mom, I get my:
  • good looks
  • low blood pressure
  • giddyness when I'm tired
  • love of family
  • creative flare
  • ability to tune out everything when I'm watching a movie
  • love of baking and cooking
  • touchy feely-ness
  • easy going side
  • ability to laugh hysterically for no reason
  • love of nature
  • love of crab rangoon
  • love of Chinese food in general
  • fun loving personality
  • tender spirit
  • smile
  • love for the peculiar

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for being you, and rubbing that off on me! Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment