Thursday, February 21, 2013

39 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 39 weeks:

{39 weeks???!!! THAT IS CRAZY! You, little girlies, are either very stubborn, or very patient! Let's go with patient ... it's a great character quality to have, one that I lack at most times in life!}

How big are the babies? Watermelons! Mini ones, at least! Mmm, watermelon sounds great right now!

Their big changes this week: They are just packing on weight still. What a life! :)

New news/blessings?
  • Things are pretty much the same in most aspects and I am trying to soak in the last few days/week of pregnancy. Praising the Lord for this amazing journey!
  • I had two Dr appts this week ... one on Monday (all was well and nothing was happening) and then again yesterday due to the impending storm we are supposed to be getting. He wanted to make sure I wasn't getting close and then stuck at home for delivery if it gets bad out. I am not close, however, my blood pressure was stinking high (154/108), which sent the place into an uproar! I had to have blood work and another NST for the girls. All came back just fine, and my pressure had gone way down by the time I left the office. I did get quite a lecture from my Dr, however, telling me that I wasn't taking it easy enough at home. The box of cupcakes sitting on his desk that I had made that morning (couldn't sleep, so I made cupcakes for him) was his proof, he said. Haha! I've never had someone so upset with me ... over cupcakes! He said a few things like, "I'm going to wring your neck!" and "You're going to lead me to drink, girl!" ... and finished it off with, "Get your butt home and on the couch!" So, here I sit. :)
  • I put out a little contest on my Happy Sweets FB page for people to guess the date when the girls will arrive. The winner gets a dozen cupcakes! This has spurred people to hound me, however, with things like, "You have 9 hours to deliver so I can win!" haha! That, in turn, spurred me to put out a new msg that I will be taking a social media break til they arrive, haha! Oh my, the trouble I get myself into! :)
Weight: 203 (last week was 199 ... and at the Dr. yesterday it was 208!)

Total gain? 47 pounds.

Inches around? 49 (last week it was 46, but it has been up to 48 ... I think it must be they way they are layng when I measure?)

Belly button? An innie. I guess I'm just a non-popper!

Braxton Hicks Contractions: Slowed down, or maybe I'm just so used to them now I don't notice them as much?

New dance moves? The girls are pretty quiet today. Hmmmm, maybe it's the calm before the storm?

Things people say: "You're still here?" This has been a common one, especially at church. Someone said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but we keep hoping to NOT see you here on a Sunday morning!" Haha! I also got a "When are you due?" yesterday, to which I said, "In a week, and we're having twins." to which she responded, "Oh! No wonder you're so huge!" Haha, I have not heard that one this whole time! It made me smile, and laugh ... and wonder if she was crazy!

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Sweet{Ps} ... {P}Nuts ... oh, I love these girlies! :)

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment