Thursday, February 7, 2013

37 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 37 weeks:

How big are the babies? According to Babycenter.com they are around 6 1/3 pounds, and as long as a stalk of Swiss Chard. Swiss Chard? I really need to broaden my vegetable knowledge.

Their big changes this week: They continue to practice breathing and are just chilling out putting on weight at this point. I am quite happy with their size, haha! Too much bigger scares me! I was watching a video on YouTube and one gal had twins that were BOTH in the 9lb range!!!! Ah! And, when they are born they say that if they have more than just "peach fuzz" for hair that it can be anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long! Can't wait to see the little beans that have been growing inside me! :)

New news/blessings?
  • My body is back to pretty much normal after recovering from Jerome's hospital stay, and my lack of sleep and mountain of stress worrying about him. I'm happy to say that if my girls stuck in their happy little home through that whole thing I should have no probelm going the full 40 weeks. Eeeeeek!!!
  • My Dr. is very impressed with how far I've made it without any serious complications. He says to me each time I see him, "Wow, I just can't believe how well you're doing! This is awesome!!"
  • I've forgotten to mention for the past few months that I'm pretty sure my girls have sucked all of the curl out of my hair! I chopped it back at the end of November and shortly after that, my naturally curly hair said adios! I have a friend that the same thing happens to when she is pregs ... her curl does come back after pregnancy though. Such a strange side-effect of pregnancy!
  • One day, during Jerome's hospital stay, the girls got the hiccups at the same time! One side of me would feel a hiccup, and then the other side would answer back with a hiccup. It was hilarious and felt so cool! I love it when they have the hiccups, and that time was very memorable for me!
  • I went to visit the chiropractor yesterday to help me with the "pop" in my tailbone. He said my hips are a bit out of whack, but nothing too terrible. He worked with me for a while and gave me lots of beneficial tips and some other excercises I could do to loosen up my hips. They haven't been hurting me quite as bad at night since I've started them, so that's nice.
Weight: 196 (last week was 193). I am always 5-7lbs heavier on the Dr.'s scale, so this week at my visit I broke the 200lb mark! It was crazy to see 201 pop up on the little screen! I gave a little, "Yesssssss!" when I saw it and the nurse looked at me like I was crazy ... "You're excited to be over 200?" I just responded, "Well, it's kinda cool to see it!" Haha!

Total gain? 40 pounds.

Inches around? 46 (last week it was 48 ... I've dropped a bunch, obviously!)

Belly button? Innie. Pretty cool though that now I can see almost the entire, tiny, stretched out scar that was totally INSIDE my belly button. It was from when I had an exploratory adominal laproscopy 10 years ago when we were initally going through our infertility journey. Amazing how the body changes/stretches ... it does go back though, right? :P

Maternity clothes? Still the same. And now, thanks to my masterful "spill everything on my belly" technique I have down, a few of my maternity shirts have stains on them that I just can't seem to remove. I know one of them is melted butter. Good grief. Right in the middle of my belly! Oh, I'm a sight! :)

Braxton Hicks Contractions: Nothing has changed much here. They are consistently consistent. Excited for the real deal here soon!

New dance moves? Remember that dream I had a LONG time ago where it looked like the girls could stand up and walk around inside my belly? Well, that was only a dream of what would come, I think! Sometimes at night, I wake up to a big mound of baby on one side of my belly! I might just have one that is ready to walk once she's born! Ha!

Things people say: "When are you due?" This is the common one now! I must FINALLY look like I'm ready to go any time! :)

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Still the same, Lavern and Shirley, The Girls, Bebes, Fruit Loops.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment