Thursday, November 8, 2012

24 weeks strong

Pregnant with twin GIRLS!!!

My diary at 24 weeks:

How big are the babies? One site says they are about the length of an ear of corn ... and they say they are well over a pound each now! Another site says they are the size of a cantaloupe! I'm so confused as to which is right! Either way, they are getting bigger every week!

Their big changes this week: The girls can now sense movement from me ... which means, when I'm having my little dance parties in the kitchen, they are moving and grooving right along with me! Or, getting sea sick from my lack of skill :P Their skin is also starting to have a lovely pink color to it. Fitting, huh?

Cravings this week? No new cravings ... I think the "craving" part might be over for me! Not that it was super crazy anyway. I'm struggling the most with just eating enough in general. I can't eat much before I feel extremely stuffed!

New news/blessings?
  • I grow more in love with these little girls every day. What a blessing they are!
  • I love it when people want to ask me if I'm pregnant, but aren't sure if they should. Their eyes go from my belly to my face, back to my belly, then to my face. Yes, dear people, I can see where your eyes are looking! Subtle, haha!
  • My heart still races, but I'm adjusting to it. It just makes calming down to sleep difficult, and also makes me tire very easily. But, it's not too bad! I'm doing just fine!
  • I've discoverd that me + sneezing + my squished bladder = trouble.
  • We were asked in our birthing class to name one negative thing about our pregnancy, and I struggled to think of one. I've been very blessed! The ONLY thing I felt was negative, or more so, stressful, was creating a gift registry!!!! Holy cowboy. Can someone just do this for me? Kthnxbai. 
  • Thanks to the Bradley Method birthing class, Jerome is now confident he can deliver the girls by himself if need be. I'm glad he's so sure of himself. Me? I reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllyyyyyy hope there's not a blizzard that day and we can make it to the hospital.

Weight: 175

Total gain? 19 pounds. Ok, I think my scale is off. There is no way I've gained 8 pounds in two weeks!

Showing? Yes, the belly is totally there! Ran into one of my old high school youth group boys the other day and he paid me a sweet compliment! He's the type of boy that will speak his mind, no matter how harsh it sounds. For example, if he thought I were stupid, he'd say "You're stupid." Haha! So, when I saw him, and told him I was pregnant, he said "Obviously." I said, "Hey now! Be nice!" and he said "I am being nice! It's just obvious you're pregnant. Normally you're very slim!" SWEETEST THING EVER!

Inches around? 43 (I think I've had a growth explosion the past two weeks!)

Belly button? Still my normal button, tho getting a bit shallow!

Maternity clothes? My normal clothes are still the biggest part of my wardrobe, but some of my shirts look a bit short and ridiculous. Nothing a tank top underneath can't fix tho!

New dance moves? I absolutely LOVE feeling them wiggle and jiggle inside me! I wish I could see them all the time! The girls are very active in the evening and mornings. Hm, I wonder if that means they'll be night owls AND early birds!? Ah. Let's pick one or the other little missies, okie doke?

Things people say: "How are you feeling?" I can't tell you how many times a day I'm asked that! "I'm feeling just great!" is my usual response, which is the total truth! Thank You, Lord!

Silly nicknames for the bebes? Fruit Loops, Bebes, Beans.

Complaints? None! (This will never change!)

Feeling in general? So excited! And beyond blessed.

{The Fruit Loops are due February 28th, 2013!}

No comments:

Post a Comment