Friday, July 20, 2012

clear blue

If I were you, I'd go out a buy a pregnacy test. I couldn't wait!

My sweet friend. She makes me smile. And, she's very convincing!

After our first transfer, Tennessee gave us a sheet with a bunch of information on it for post-transfer orders. One of the items on the list was, DO NOT TAKE A PREGNANCY TEST AT HOME. Simply because, they can be false, especially so early on. I followed those directions to a T the first transfer. I am a rule follower, generally. I may BEND the rules, but I really try not to break them, haha. I think?

But, the second time ... well, I may have broken the rules. My friend made me do it, haha! The day before I was supposed to go in for my blood work, I got up early and got a test out. And then I put it back. No. I can't take this test. I shouldn't. I got it out again. I read the directions, and put it back. Then, I caved. I got it out, did as it told me to, and then waited. Within a minute, a big bold PREGNANT showed up on the screen.

Hm. That's strange. I've never seen that before, I thought.

Granted, I haven't taken many home pregnancy tests. I remember maybe one, within our first year of marriage even, and of course it wasn't positive. So, it was a rather strange feeling. I smiled and then hid it in the closet. Tell no one. I made a pact, with, ah, myself.

Twenty minutes later, I told.

So, I took a pregnancy test.
You did? They said not to do that.
Yes, I know. But I had to!
And?
It says I'm pregnant?
Well, hm. I think I'm going to wait to get too excited until the blood work.

He's much more practical than I am. I went about my day wondering why in the world I did the test a day before I did the blood work, because now I had to wait a day to find out for sure! Silly me.

The next day, I went for my blood work, then, I waited. Waited for Tennessee to call me and tell me what I hoped I already knew.

Elissa?
Yes, hello Kelly!
So, did you make any special cake pops or cupcakes today?
No ...
Well, you should have, because you need to celebrate! I just got your labs back and you're pregnant, girl! Numbers were great, 170. I will tell you to be cautiously optimistic though, until the second test in a few days. If we see the numbers go up substantially, you're set. How do you feel?
Crazy!

I actually don't remember how I responded, I was so shocked! I hung up the phone wishing I had some sort of Fast Forward button to speed through the next few days until my second blood test.

{Please keep this and the next few posts on the down low ...
nothing on FB, etc, please! Thank you, kindly!}


No comments:

Post a Comment