Thursday, June 14, 2012

oh, the places

As I was leaning over the sink in the bathroom at Starbucks the other day getting one of my twice daily shots, I had a thought. I should count up all the places, faces, etc. of the things in my life lately dealing with adopting this little one. Here goes.

{Around the USA in 80 Doctors}

I know I haven’t seen close to that, but sometimes it seems like it, especially if I think back to the very beginning of our infertility journey. But, over the course of the past 6 months, and especially the past two weeks, I have seen:

  • Dr. Thorn, Mason City, IA
  • Sue Mullenbach, NP, St. Ansgar, IA
  • Dr. Stewart, Rochester, MN
  • Dr. Keenan, Knoxville, TN

Do they offer punch cards for this kind of thing? See 10 doctors, get your 11th for free?

{If you’ve ever stabbed me, put your hands up!}

As much as I try to plan my daily, and now twice daily shots around times when Jerome is home to give them to me, it doesn’t always happen. I really wish I wasn’t such a baby and could just do it myself. But, who am I kidding, I’m a baby. So, those who have seen my glorious six pack abs (*cough*cough*) to stab me are:

  • Jerome (He says it’s like vaccinating hogs. Real nice, man, real nice.)
  • Heather (She’s a veteran and showed us how to do the booty shot!)
  • Christine (For her first time, I totally freaked her out by yelling, “Stab me! Just stab me!”)
  • Krista (I think she might just dislike needles as much as I do! What wouldn't she do for a friend?)
  • Mari (I can tell by the look in her eye that she enjoys stabbing me way too much!)

I hope to keep Jerome (and Heather) the only ones to see my “backside” … fingers crossed. Apologies if ever have to, but deepest thanks if you do!

{Location, location, location.}

It’s all about prime location. Or, not so prime in my case. The places I have RECEIVED a shot are, in no particular order:

  • My house
  • A friend’s house
  • The side of the road
  • The Little Caesar’s parking lot
  • A truck stop parking lot
  • Hotel room after hotel room
  • The bathroom at Starbucks
  • My boss’ office
  • The bathroom of a super gross gas station
  • The bathroom at the movie theater

There are more, I’m sure. I think from now on, I’m just going to start looking for odd places to get a shot. Gotta keep it interesting, right?

What a journey this has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment