Monday, April 2, 2012

dance for Jesus

Well, Little One, now is not your time. So, we will continue to hold on to the Lord for your grand debut.

Sometimes, I let my doubts get the best of me. I know, silly, right? I am a child of THE God of the universe, THE God of all of us, and I doubt. How foolish of me. I came across this chapter in the Word a few weeks ago, and it really hit home for me then. I was able to share it with a dear friend struggling with hurts (not her fault) earlier last week. And now, I find myself running to it again today.

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him ..." {John 9:1-3}

In this passage, this man was blind. Not because his parents had done anything wrong, not because he had done anything wrong, but so that one day, when Jesus walked by him, he could be healed, revealing the Son of God, the Healer, the Redeemer, to all around. And he WAS healed.

I bet that guy felt pretty amazing. Pretty incredible. Sure, he had struggled with being blind since birth (not easy!), but he was just touched, JUST HEALED, by the Maker of the world! He was used to bring God glory, by revealing His Son. That is a pretty special thing, if you ask me.

I can play the blame game, (blaming myself), really good. But maybe, there isn't anything, anyone to blame. Maybe, this hurt, pain, struggle, or whatever may be the case, has happened, or is allowed, so that God can be glorified through it. Possible? I think so. I know so.

Now, I can't, and won't say that I'm blameless in life, for I am far from perfect and make daily mistakes. Oh, I make mistakes! But, I will say, I won't play the blame game with myself, and HE WILL be glorified in this circumstance! He alone will. I just need to back out of His way! :)

Thank You, Lord, that You are above all. Your plan is far greater than mine. Thank You for growing this heart in love, and taking care of it when it's feeling slightly cracked. Thank You for the dear people You've put on this path with us, for their kindness, love, and deep generosity. Thank You that You are our Strength, Shield, and Mighty Deliverer. I will hold to that!

And for you, little snow angels lost; you were brought to life by a crazy loving couple, who gave us the privilege of adopting you, so we could shower you with love like crazy. You are worth{lots}! And now, you get to dance for Jesus! So dance, little snow angels, dance for Him!

2 comments:

  1. There is a song by Watermark called "Glory Baby". One of the lyrics are:

    I can't imagine Heaven's lullabies and what they must sound like. But I will rest in knowing Heaven is your home and it's all you'll ever know.

    I thought it was such an amazing and comforting thought. All these little ones would ever know is being by Jesus' side. Coupling that with your picture of them dancing makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for sharing, Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete