Wednesday, January 11, 2012

welcome, Juliet

For some time now, my heart has been drawn to Uganda. I don't know exactly where it came from, other than the Lord, but I continually desire to be a part of ministry there. My ideal would be to abandon all and live there, just like they live, and take in precious ones with no home or family left to call their own.

But, maybe my ideal isn't the Lord's. Maybe He's drawn my heart to Uganda for this little one. Juliet. Today we jumped on the gift of being able to sponsor her. Food. Education. Health. And, most of all, most importantly, Jesus. The truth of who He is.

She is 5. With large, winning eyes, that would melt you in a second. She lives in an AIDS affected part of the world, but thankfully, still has both her parents, and numerous siblings. I will pray that You, Lord, catch her heart, so she can spread Your truth to her family.

Welcome to our family, Juliet! You are worth{lots}.

We are given much, so much is expected. And I'm thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment